Monday 12 August 2013

Picture Polish, Tease and Essence nail art peel off base coat review.


Today I have a gorgeous pink, sparkly glitter bomb from Picture Polish to show you.


Today I'm going to show you an alternative, to all the hassle of removing glitter nail polish; without all the fiddliness of the tin foil method,waiting decades for it to soak off or scrubbing like a lunatic! What is this miracle antidote, i hear you ask? It's from the brand Essence available HERE, and it's a peel off nail polish base coat. I have tried it both with nail envy underneath and straight onto the nail. (i would say nail envy doesn't make too much of a difference and it also offers some protection to the nail.) 






It goes on bright white like pva glue and it's important to use a generous coat and prep nails beforehand with a swipe of nail polish remover. It takes a while to dry-(I left it a good 20 minutes, it was amost dry after 15) you will know it's dry as it will become transparent. then you can paint you glitter straight on top.


For my glitter I chose a new-to-me brand called Picture Polish. The colour is Tease and was a complete ebay impulse buy. I am so happy with it! It is fully opaque in two coats and needs no undies. It's a gorgeous hot fuchsia pink with silver glitter. As with all glitters it needs a generous helping of topcoat to smooth it out and make it shiny. I chose gelous, which worked a treat.











with flash

with flash


with flash
 As for wear, it lasted quite well! More tip wear than usual and small chips appeared after 3 days. The below picture is after 5 days wear.



Hmm..as you can see, it doesn't quite come off in one piece as it is supposed to. I would rather spend 20 minutes peeling it all off then soaking my fingers to prunes! 


However, after peeling it all off (gently) my nails were a bit of a wreck. They were all dry and peeling! Thank god for OPI Nail envy and Avoplex!



So all in all it's not quite the miracle solution to glitter nail polish that we were all hoping for! However, it did seem to take less time than soaking and also it came off a lot easier in the twisty nail polish remover pot with the peel of base underneath. I'm going to persevere with this method and hopefully some other miracle removal method will appear soon! 

Have you tried any peel of base coats? Any better ones? 

thanks for reading and come back soon! 
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment