Monday 13 May 2013

May Glossy Box review:

Glossy box and the terrible twos...

It's Glossy Box's 2nd Birthday and
after last months amazing box, this months has left me feeling a little disappointed.

Here's my box:



so far so good, a pretty neon pink ribbon and special glossy box turns 2 tissue paper.





I do feel a little bad grumbling as A I used my glossy dots to purchase it and B it is a far better box than last years birthday box; from which the only memorable items where: a flimsy plastic GB compact mirror and a rather sad balloon.

As always i'll talk you through the items one by one in order of what I found to be the most exciting.

First up we have a new product from the brand Jelly Pong Pong: 
Fairy Lashes mascara. I am yet to try this but I love mascara and the  packaging is too cute! This item more than paid for the price of the box and p&p in one. full size £15!

Next up is a nail polish by Headline Colours in Graphite. I haven't heard of the brand before, but hey it's a polish so i'm sure i'll like it! The only downside being the colour, which i'll use in the winter as it doesn't scream Summer. Another full size £9!

Beautiful movements cosmetics prime and create mixing medium-that's a mouthful! Teeny tiny 2.5g sample, which at first i thought was petroleum jelly-it's not! It is quite the multi-tasking little product which claims to act as a primer or can be mixed with any loose pigment to create cream foundation, eyeshadows, blushers etc... However, I'm hoping that I have the perfect use for this, as I have a Laura Mercier mosaic block that got smashed to pieces-so i'm thinking cream blusher! full size £20 so 2.5g apprx £2.50

And lastly we have a tie for the two products that excited me the least! 

Collection 2000 (yes you did read that correctly...) fast stroke eyeliner. However I will probably give this a try, although products like this normally irritate my sensitive eyes. I'll report back once I've tested it out! Full size £2.99

Finally the product which seems to have caused a bit of a buzz and funnily enough it's the product I won't even try...
Paul Mitchel Awapuhi wild ginger shine spray. I don't use anything on my hair except shampoo and conditioner; as it is extremely long, thick and oily.  full size 125ml £18.95 

Also included was a little matchbook of Glossy box own brand nail files and a mini Green and Blacks organic dark choccie bar, which was nice touch.

This months Glossy Box is worth apprx £48.44-which makes me feel even worse for not being over the moon with it!  

Whats your take on this months box?
Did you get anything different?

On a side note, sorry I haven't posted much lately. I've had problems with the tool I use for watermarking, which is hopefully fixed now! 

thanks for reading and 
I hope to see you back again soon! 
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I don't think it's too bad at all, really good sized products and no teeny tiny samples! Even better that you used your glossy dots for it! Bargain! :)
    Lou
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lou, thanks for the comment! I don't think it's too bad, I'm just a little fussy lol! My last box was my absolute favourite so I was hoping I'd love this one as much. Yeah definitely a good deal, not bad for a freebie!!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Aww that's such a shame! I would've let you had mine but my Mum pounced on it!
      What was in your box?
      xx

      Delete
  3. Mine had a mini nails inc polish, a mini mascara sample, a mini primer sample, a mini moisturiser sample and a bottle of oil. Yours is excellent compared to mine!
    I even cancelled my subscription, because most months the stuff is barely worth the £10 I pay for it! Every couple of months they save themselves with one or two good products, but I've had enough now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww no it sounds like you really did get a terrible box! :( I don't blame you, a little while ago I was considering doing the same thing, as they never listened to my beauty profile and it wasn't worth the money. However, I had glossdots left and the two boxes I spent the dots on were brilliant, so I carried it on and have had way better boxes than last year-when it seemed like I got the worst items every month-all sachets and vials and stuff i'd never use! I hope you manage to find a beauty box that you will enjoy more!
    xx

    ReplyDelete