Thursday 19 September 2013

September Glossybox review:

The London Edition


I had previously seen the packaging for the London box, which I love, so I had high hopes for the contents!








See what I mean..How cute is box and tissue paper! I'm a sucker for anything gimmicky! 

Now onto the important part-the contents!






As always I'll start with the most exciting item...which I'm having trouble picking. I don't know why but nothing in the box jumped out at me as being overly exciting.

Be A Bombshell eyeliner in onyx. This is a felt tip type liquid eyeliner. The tip is really thick but has a sharp point, so it's easy to control and achieve a thin subtle line or a full on feline flick.
full size-RRP: $14.00 (apprx £8.71)
 ($?? isn't this a London/British themed box?)

Eyelure pre-glued lashes. These are light weight and reusable. I have used eyelure lashes before, they're ok. I wasn't overly impressed to find them in the box, but they are something I will use.
full size-RRP: £5.06 
(what is the point of the extra 6p?!)

Rimmel stay blushed blusher. A liquid cheek tint that claims to last up to 24 hours. I  probably will pass this on as I don't suit liquid/cream blushers at all. I hate the fact that after taking ages with base, concealer etc you rub the blusher on and it uncovers all the imperfections that you took so long to hide! 
full size-RRP: £4.49

Elizabeth Arden untold. A luxurious and modern floral fragrance. I'm not keen on receiving perfume samples and always tick the not interested box. However I do prefer receiving a good sized sample in a little box, to a measly vial. 
Full size-RRP: £48 for 50ml - sample size of 5ml apprx:£4.80

last but not least...another hair item!! Toni & Guy Hair meet wardrobe, classic shine and gloss serum. I have oily hair and so what do I receive a shine...Serum?! Yeah I really could do with one of those! 
full size-RRP: £7.19

I hate being so negative about a box but I feel let down by this months offering. I miss the days when glossy box used to be about offering luxury high-end samples. Also I've been subscribed to glossybox for around 18 months and have not received a hd item, I think some people received a hd bronzer instead of the rimmel blush, this time. 
I know glossy box can be very hit or miss and I loved every box I was getting a few months back (probably because they all contained a nail item, seriously Glossybox bung a polish in and I'll be happy!) but for now they have some making up to do. Hopefully they can redeem themselves with the October box!

The only thing that is a good factor with this box is the value for money. The contents are worth apprx £30.25.

Did you receive any different items? 
Or were you happy with the items you received?

Thanks for reading, come back soon!
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment